The Phillies’ opening day is Friday. They will rake this year. It’s easily the best team they’ve had on paper in at least 10 seasons.
That means the stadium is set to rock again, and the team sent out a statement on Monday noting all of the new things coming to CBP in 2022. Here’s the whole thing verbatim, though I’ve added some images to it as well because none image was included in the version:
THREE DAYS OF SEASON OPENING FESTIVITIES; ENHANCED HOME RACING FREEDOM BELL STARTS
The Phillies have announced plans for the season-opening festivities from April 8-10, which include stadium-wide recognition of NL MVP Bryce Harper:
- On Friday, April 8, the Phillies kick off the season with Opening day presented by Nemours Children’s Health with a fleece headband for all fans. Highlights include the return of a very special tradition: the first step of the players, who will walk from Ashburn Alley onto the pitch. Singing the national anthem will be Kane Kalasson of late Phillies Hall of Fame broadcaster Harry Kalas. Dan Baker will also celebrate its 50th anniversaryand season as the Phillies’ iconic public announcer and will throw the first pitch. More fun includes the Budweiser Block Party instead of third base.
- On Saturday, April 9, the Phillies will officially recognize the National League MVP Bryce Harper to McDonald’s opening nightwith Hall of Famer and three-time MVP Michael Schmidt take the field to help with honors. All fans 15 and over receive a Bryce Harper MV3 Tee.
- Sunday is Cavity Busters Kids Opening Daywith children participating in honorary pre-game activities, including the presentation Bryce Harper and Nick Castellanos with their Silver Slugger Awards. Children 14 and under receive a Phillies Windbreaker.
- Opening weekend will also be the first time for #RingTheBell! When Phillies players hit one out of the park, fans are going to have an incredible home run show to go along with it. Starting on opening day, fans will be able to see all of the exciting new features that have been brought to the Phillies Home Run Liberty Bell this offseason. Highlights include the addition of thousands of LED lights and the added fun of movement.
FIRST LOOK AT PLAYERS, PHANATICS AND PHILLIES THEMED GIFTS AND MORE FOR THE 2022 SEASON
The Phillies also provided the first look at 2022 promotions and theme parties, as well as a look at player, Phanatic and Phillies themed giveaways. Highlights include Fanatic Citizens Birthday, XFINITY Fireworks, Post-Game Concert Series presented by Jim Beam, Alumni Weekend, Star Wars™ Theme Party to benefit Stand Up to Cancer, and more. Details can be found at phillies.com/promotions.
Kinkead: here is the Bryce Harper figurine for Friday, June 10:
INTRODUCING THREE NEW EXCITING FOOD AND BEVERAGE PARTNERS WITH LOCAL FLAVORS
Debut at the baseball stadium, for the 2022 season!
An Ocean City tradition comes to Ashburn Alley, it’s Manco & Manco… the first and last name of pizza! Serving everyone’s favorite thin crust pizza the same way they have been since 1956. Plain, pepperoni and a special run will be available fresh out of the oven.
Using only the freshest ingredients and backed by its commitment to true hospitality, Colbie’s Southern Kissed Chicken has been the most exciting quick service restaurant in decades and frankly offers the BEST DARN CHICKEN in the restaurant industry! Colbie’s was launched in conjunction with Celebrity Top Chef Fabio Vivianeand features fresh chef-inspired selections, with its leadership roster also including founders Craig and Michael Colby and Phillies world champion Ryan Howard.
Kinkead: Sounds good –
Colbie’s will offer fans Best Southern Chicken Sandwiches: The Big Piece (Ryan Howard’s favorite), sweet Hawaiian bun, garlic aioli, pickles, mild American cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato; Colbie’s original, sweet Hawaiian bun, garlic aioli and pickles; Hot Nashville, sweet Hawaiian brioche, hot Nashville sauce, spicy aioli, pickles, lettuce, tomato and pepper jack cheese; and Peach spoon pie.
- KLYR RUM – Locations throughout the stadium
A clean, American rum distilled in the heart of Pennsylvania, KLYR will now be available to fans. KLYR rum is a unique, gluten-free distilled spirit with zero grams of sugar and zero grams of carbohydrates, and it contains fewer calories than other sweeter rums. Distilled 12 times and filtered 18 times, KLYR is perfect for mixing cocktails or sipping on the rocks. Launched nine months ago, KLYR is rapidly expanding its distribution in Pennsylvania and is now found in major liquor stores as well as top bars and restaurants in and around Philadelphia.
EVEN MORE NEW FOOD OFFERS!
The Phillies and Aramark have added even more new menu items to the stadium’s lineup of award-winning meals:
- PJ Whelihan’s Mean Chicken Nachos: Features crispy tortilla chips loaded with shredded cheddar jack, American cheese sauce, green onions, thinly sliced chicken, and your choice of PJ’s famous sauces. Available from the PJ Whelihan stand in Ashburn Alley.
- Skip and store the sausage sandwich: Homemade sausage, pepper mayonnaise and arugula. Available at Pass & Stow, Third Base Plaza.
- #DareToPair Peanut Butter & Jelly Burger: A special mix of walkway burgers topped with peanut butter, Jalapeno jelly, American cheese and bacon on a brioche bun. Available at Boardwalk Eats, section 142.
- Cheesesteak with burnt ends: House smoked brisket ends served on an Amoroso roll topped with smoked Gouda cheese sauce and caramelized onions. Available at Bull’s BBQ, Left Field Plaza.
- Impossible® Steak with cheese: Impossible® meat topped with smoked gouda sauce, tomato jam and crispy onions on an Amoroso roll. Available at the Garden Grill location, behind Section 125.
- Street nachos: Crispy tortilla chips topped with pickled red onions, jalapenos, cheese sauce, corn salsa and your choice of adobo or Impossible chicken® Meat. Available behind item 139.
NEW IN FAN GEAR
Exclusive and official items only from the New Era Phillies team store at Citizens Bank Park.
- Phillies name and number jerseys, t-shirts for new players: Fans can now represent the team’s newest outfielders, Kyle Schwarber and Nick Castellanos, in Phillies stripes and gray Nike road jerseys, which can be ironed on the spot. Also featured and arriving for opening day: red Nike Phillies name and number t-shirts.
- Phantom is back! The sport’s best mascot is now represented in an exciting assortment of new Phillie Phanatic novelties. Highlights include the giant pillow pet, a smaller retro version, the plush Study Buddy, a drawstring backpack, new glasses and more. Also new for 2022 is a Phanatic pin program with a new stadium-exclusive limited-edition pin released each month.
- Memories of opening day: Exclusive novelty items to commemorate Opening Day 2022 including a baseball, pins, hat and Opening Day Phanatic t-shirt.
- Announcement of the launch of the 2022 Fightin’ Phils Fan Club and new premium level. Inaugural FPFC Premium Tier Membership is limited, available while supplies last, and includes two select bonus gift boxes. Box 1 items include a Fightin’ Phils Fan Club baseball cap, pint glass, lawn flag, magnet and collectible Bryce Harper MV3 baseball. Get all the details here.
- New for 2022, Cavity Busters will sponsor the Cavity Buster’s Nursing Mom Show located behind section 125 in the main hall. This clean and easily accessible space provides a quiet and private space for mothers to pump or feed their child.
- At Wednesday April 13Beam Suntory will “relaunch” the Jim Beam Whiskey Bar on Ashburn Alley with a fun celebration and ribbon-cutting ceremony. Fans can expect a former celebrity bartender, free samples and fun giveaways starting at 11:30 a.m. at Jim Beam Highball on Ashburn Alley.